[wplug] Pitt Wireless Issues

Kevin Scheetz daemonbunny66 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 17:30:49 EST 2006

I'm currently running Ubuntu on System76 Gazelle Value laptop running the
stock Ubuntu installion.  I've been happy with it thus far, but I'm
attempting to access the wireless network and having issues.  The card in
the laptop, btw, is the onboard Intel card (supports 802.11g).  I'll see if
I can find a little more info on it's specs later on.

I've accessed the wireless before using xp.  After entering the WEP, you're
supposed to enter an authentication screen requesting pitt id/password as
soon as you open your browser, and I don't receive this using linux.
Firefox is my browser of choice, and I've seen it work under Firefox before,
so I'm sure it's not the browser.

The Help Desk wouldn't even point me in the right direction, and bluesocket
brags that its wireless network is compatible with linux.

I don't have much experience with wireless, so has anybody else run into
problems on Pitt's wireless?
--
Kevin Scheetz