[wplug] The evilness of it all (Verizon OT post)

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Aug 23 11:11:26 EDT 2006

> If you've read this far, you might be thinking "good- leave if you don't
> like it here". And that mentality is the exact reason that Pittsburgh is
> losing, and will continue to lose, the highly trained young professionals.
> Pittsburgh has done NOTHING to attract or retain them!!

 	I left Pittsburgh for (far) higher paying jobs in '98. I came back
for love, as my SO is doing grad school at Pitt. We're already planning
our escape.

> Food for thought: I now live 3 blocks from the beach in Southern California,
> and my rent is LOWER than what I paid in Shadyside (8 years ago). Unlike
> Shadyside, my utility bills are included. I get a personal retirement
> savings plan instead of mandatory social security contributions. I get a
> renter's tax deduction for my housing expenses. There is no "tax penalty"
> for being employed within city limits. There's no city income tax. There's
> no payroll tax.

 	Mind if I sleep in you garage until I find a job out there? =_)

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net