[wplug] The evilness of it all (Verizon OT post)

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 02:08:35 EDT 2006

On 8/22/06, Robert E. Coutch <robert.coutch at verizon.net> wrote:
[...]
> Isn't it interesting that it doesn't cost them a dollar less or more than the
> old fee but closer to a dime in difference.
>
> It's simply amazing.

It makes me wonder, how much pork they sucked down from their
collections of the FUSF?

At least, Verizon's fees aren't levied against non-Verizon customers.
But it's not always easy to tell if your ISP isn't just reselling
Verizon's service. (My local ISP used to use Verizon. They don't
anymore.)

Maybe traceroute will tell you...

> As someone else mentioned, it's similar to the oil companies saying "We are
> not price gouging and by the way, Look! We just make record profits."

I don't care how much anyone makes in profits, as long as they can
deliver the goods. I've heard plenty bad about Verizon on this front.

All the more reason never to settle on a single all-encompassing
network service solution to handle everyone's Internet service needs.
Keep letting the flowers bloom. No shackles and no favoritism. Go for
what's best, always.

(I'm not as good at ranting, but I am just as passionate.)

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>