[wplug] The evilness of it all (Verizon OT post)

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Wed Aug 23 01:20:18 EDT 2006

Haha- I'm definitely not kidding. Furthermore, I'm not going to waste any
time "educating" anyone (maybe "convincing" is a better word, but I have a
hard time seeing it that way). In Shadyside you'll pay every penny of 1200
for a decent 690sf apartment, and then some. PLUS you'll have to pay
outrageous utility bills.

Buy a home in the Burgh, go ahead. It'll cost 10x less than a comparable
home elsewhere. And in ten years, when "elsewhere" has appreciated 7-12%
annually, your Pittsburgh home will be worth roughly what you paid for it.
That's a great investment if you like to lose money. You're better off
stuffing your money in your mattress, at least there you won't be taxed
(HEAVILY) on it! Nor will you have to pay 17$/mcf to keep it warm!!

>From now on, mum's the word from me regarding this topic because I refuse to
be in a flame war. Honestly, if you like living there more power to you.