[wplug] The evilness of it all (Verizon OT post)

Mark Allen Earnest mark at mystikos.org
Tue Aug 22 10:12:56 EDT 2006

Zach wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Brent M. Rust <rust at lucasware.com> wrote:
>> I won't even attempt to understand it. But Verizon seems to be making
>> sure it stays on top of the evilness list.
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14458159/
>>
>> They are imposing a surcharge for all DSL plans. The government is
>> phasing it's fee out so Verizon is adding it's higher cost fee in.
>
> This is disgusting.

 From the article:
"Henson said the decision to impose the new surcharge now "is not
related at all to USF." She said she "would strongly disagree" with
criticisms that Verizon was in effect diverting to its own coffers money
that had previously"

If they really wanted people to believe this, perhaps a good move would
have been to not announce both the end of the USF and the beginning of
the new surcharge in the SAME EMAIL to customers.

Mark Earnest