[wplug] SuSE Confusion

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Tue Aug 1 19:12:30 EDT 2006

All this talk about installing an updated distro got me
thinking..................

Is there a distro things like MPlayer and Rosegarden on the CD's?
I don't mean a crippled version of Mplayer.

Lately a SuSE install requires a stop at packman.links2linux.org to grab all
the missing goodies.

I'm interested in a distro that has it all (or almost all) and includes an
updater that keeps me notified of at least security updates..
There are so many distro's out there now, I thought one of you might be able
to help narrow it down a bit.

Since I've been a SuSE only user since the 7 series, I'm just not familiar
with the other distro's.

Thanks for any advice,

Bob