[wplug] Kill x windows session

Christopher DeMarco cmd at alephant.net
Thu Apr 20 14:20:29 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 02:09:19PM -0400, Arnaud Loos wrote:

> If I'm logged into KDE and wish to completely kill off the window
> session and be presented with a shell login prompt what's the
> correct key sequence?

been set in xorg.conf || XF86Config.

However, it's unlikely that killing X will give you a shell login (X
is typically started by a display manager e.g. KDM -- so killing X
will simply bounce you back to your login screen.

If you want a console login, use <ctrl><alt><F1> (or F2, F4, etc.).
Note that this will work even with X running.

Happy hacking!

--
Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net>
Alephant Systems (http://alephant.net)