[wplug] Kill x windows session

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Thu Apr 20 14:41:10 EDT 2006

Thanks all. I'm used to ctrl-alt-backspace restarting the X session, not
killing it. I now realize this is because of the display manager restarting
it. I was trying to install the vmware tools on a linux VM which I thought
required the X session to be completely killed and I figured there was an
easier way to do this than changing my init level to 3. Turns out running
the config script from a virtual console works too.

Thanks again.