[wplug] Kill x windows session

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 20 14:30:29 EDT 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:09:19 -0400
"Arnaud Loos" <arnaud at arnaudloos.com> wrote:

> If I'm logged into KDE and wish to completely kill off the window
> session and be presented with a shell login prompt what's the correct
> key sequence?
>
> Sorry to post a stupid question but google isn't returning an answer
> fast enough.
>
> Arnaud-

If you are at the computer, you can do a CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE and that
will kill the X session.  If you are at a different terminal, you can do
'pkill .xsession'

Now if you are starting KDM as a service, you will have to stop that
first.  In Debian and childern it would be:

   /etc/init.d/kdm stop

I don't know about other disto's.

Kevin