[wplug] Limited Liability Clause

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:40:45 EDT 2006

On 4/18/06, Matthew T. Engel <mengel at allegheny.edu> wrote:

> I've been doing some Tech Work on the side and have wanted to develop some
> form of limited liability clause to give to customers.  Any suggestions or
> tips anyone could give would be much appreciated...
>

> I have been working mostly with Dr.'s office so HIPPA regulations apply.

It depends on what your trying to protect.  If your trying to limit your
personal liability then created a single member LLC (Limited Liability
Company) and do all the work through your company.  This way only your
company is liable and not your personal assets.  The taxes would be the same
as if you setup a sole-proprietor.

Chris