[wplug] Reminder notice. Meeting TONIGHT! Improving your Perl Code - Mark Jason Dominus Wednesday April 12, 2006

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Wed Apr 12 10:04:01 EDT 2006

Special Speaker - April 12, 2006

Wednesday April 12 at 7:00

This months Technical Gathering

Location

    Slaymaker Systems, Inc.
    4914 Baum Blvd.
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213

    Wednesday April 12, 2006
    19:00

Talks

Improving your Perl Code - Mark Jason Dominus

Most programmers write the first code that comes into their heads. If you add a second phase, in
which you edit the code, tighten it up, and trim out the unnecessary stuff, the result is much
better. Editing and improving code is easy! If you learn to recognize and repair a few "red flags"
that are easy to find and easy to fix, your code gets significantly better. In this talk, I'll
take an example program contributed by a Pittsburgh Perl Monger and I'll show how addressing the
red flags can make it faster, simpler, and more robust while using 30 to 50% less code.

Our meetings are open to anyone interested in Perl, the talk topic, beer, geekdom, etc. Please
join us.

Robert Blackwell
robert at robertblackwell.com
AIM: robertdblackwell