[wplug] Knowledgebase Application?

DK curlynoodle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 14:54:23 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I have an opportunity to pitch the addition of a knowledgebase to my
company website.  My goal is to provide a method for clients to
browse/search technical articles by category, part number/name, keyword,
and article number.  All articles are HTML or PDF.

Administration of the knowledgebase would include the typical features,
plus I would like to have a method to flag each article as PUBLIC,
INTERNAL, or INDEV.  An article with the PUBLIC flag may be read via the
Internet.  All other articles would require a login, or accessible only
from our intranet.

I have two potential server platforms:
1) Linux (unknown distro) with Apache, PHP4 and MySQL (web host svr)
2) Win2003 Server with IIS and MySQL (in-office svr)

Has anyone had experience with an application, OSS or otherwise, which
may fit my need?

Thanks,
Dave Kraus