[wplug] Administration of Lots of Machines [wiki suggestion....]

Alex thenamedtao at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 12:02:31 EDT 2006

Wow!  Now, this little discussion is why I love to
lurk in this group...the ideas flow!

I don't know if the web engineers here at Orrick (the
Wheeling GOC of www.orrick.com) are using Linux to
serve, but I've been encouraging and teaching the use
of a wiki (openwiki.com) here for documentation of
"institutional knowledge"...and its really cool!  Our
Document Services group does lots of EDGAR conversion
work, as well as all sorts of document
creation/repair/editing...and there's lots of arcane
knowledge to retain.

[Separately, I've been using NeoOffice at home, the
Mac OS X version of OpenOffice...it's fun, though I
haven't tested it's spreadsheet function yet.]

..alex.

thenamedtao at yahoo.com