[wplug] [ANN] Pittsburgh Coding Dojo

Greg Akins gakins at insomnia-consulting.org
Mon Apr 3 20:38:16 EDT 2006

I'm very excited to announce the first monthly meeting of the Pittsburgh
Coding Dojo -  Thursday April 27th; 6:00PM at the Pittsburgh Technology
Council.

Enthusiastic developers are addicted to programming.  They want to exercise
their skills and share their skills with others.  The Pittsburgh Coding Dojo
is being created to feed that addiction.

The Dojo is intended for people who value their programming skills and have
a strong motivation to improve.  Programmers at any skill level, from novice
to master, will benefit from attending.

The meetings will be partly self-organizing to allow members to shape the
activities to fit their interests.  However, some ground rules will
apply.  Pair Programming and Test Driven Development provide a
self-controlling environment where developers are motivated to share
techniques and collaborate with their peers.

Because this group encourages active participation, computers are needed for
every two programmers.  Registration will be controlled so that we have an
average of 1 computer for every two developers.  Also, the group will be
kept small (approx 6) to allow the individual pairs to communicate as a
group.

More information on Coding Dojos can be found at my site
http://www.insomnia-consulting.org

Please respond to pghdojo at insomnia-consulting.org if you're interested in
attending.  Let me know whether you're a beginner, intermediate, or expert
programmer; and whether you can bring your own laptop.

Greg Akins
Pittsburgh Coding Dojo Organizer
www.insomnia-consulting.org