[wplug] Contents of CD missing in Linux, not XP

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri Sep 30 01:33:46 EDT 2005

> Sep 28 10:27:12 miles ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet
> Level 1
[...]
> Sep 28 10:27:12 miles ISOFS: changing to secondary root

Changing to secondary root?  Is this a multi-session disc? I sincerely
doubt Linux properly supports multi-session ISO9660.

Otherwise the problem could be blamed on any number of inexplicable
incompatibilities between CD-R drives, media, burning software, kernel
interfaces that have been a problem consistently since the first drives
entered the market.

The solution is to get Cygwin installed in Windows and create ISOs using
mkisofs(8).  Use strict mode for guaranteed compatibility.

You can always use Adaptec/Nero ghetto-ware to do the disc write process
(and you'll probably have to, unless cdrecord has been ported).

And if all else fails, tar/zip up your strangely named directory
structure as foo.tar and burn *that* >:}

~BAS