[wplug] Installing Perl Modules

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Wed Sep 28 08:51:18 EDT 2005

I have been trying for several days to install Perl's POE 0.32 package on my
Linux and Windows PCs using ppm.  The problem seems to be mostly related to
dependencies and ppm's ability to load the ones that are missing.  As an
example the first package that it reports as missing is Carp.  I have all of
the Carp-xxx packages installed but there is no just plain Carp package.
The same hold for Exporter and probably more.  I know that ppm is working
properly as I can load other packages.

Has anyone had any success in loading POE?

-laweber