[wplug] OT: looking for a book recommendation

Greg Akins gakins at insomnia-consulting.org
Tue Sep 27 14:57:53 EDT 2005

About a year ago, when I did some research on this, the best book was an online
.pdf that was at Microsoft's site.

Check microsoft.com/patterns and look through their list of titles.

There should be a .pdf on security (in general) but that books has good coverage
on security web services.

Quoting "Teodorski, Chris" <teodorski at ppg.com>:

> I know this is (as mention in the subject) slight off topic --
>
> I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book that would help me
> understand the fundamentals of web services and specifically securing web
> services.  I'm not interested in the nitty-gritty of developing web services
> (I'm not a developer) -- I'm on the System Admin side of the house.
>
> In my work-a-day world most of my time will be supporting Microsoft web
> services -- so I'm not necessarily looking for a Linux specific book.
> However, I'm looking for the best book that covers the material -- so even if
> it doesn't talk specifically about Microsoft and IIS that would be ok.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Greg Akins
Insomnia Consulting