[wplug] Wiring Question

dk at curlynoodle.com dk at curlynoodle.com
Sun Sep 25 17:30:02 EDT 2005

Kevin,

Like many others have said and implied, in a residential environment, you should have few issues running your Ethernet CAT5 and Phone cables parallel along with a 120VAC 1PH circuit cable.  Yes, this scenario will induce noise on the data cables, however its doubtful that your host equipment will experience problems.

UNLESS something like the following would occur:

Electrically inductive loads, i.e. appliances with motors, on the circuit in question.  Avoid using a vacuum cleaner, air compressor, hand power tools, older hair clippers, blenders, etc on this circuit.

Dave