[wplug] Wiring Question

Andy Johnson ngoandy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 10:35:31 EDT 2005

They say that you shouldn't run power with data. It interferes. Obviuosly
not with the co-ax, but with the other two. However, I have never actually
seen an instance where the interference was noticable and we have run cat5e
the whole 300 feet along a power line and still maintained a 100mb
connection.

On 9/25/05, Kevin Squire <gentgeen at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Dear WPLUG,
>
> I know this is a bit OT, just hoping someone could give me an answer,
> and I really do not know where else to post it.
>
> I was running a phone line to my living room. I figured while I was at
> it, I would run a few other things through the same hole now. so I now
> have a double size box (i.e. would fit 4 plugs) and running into it is
> 1 standard electric line (3 part), 1 CAT-5, 1 Coax, 1 Phone line. They
> all come through the same 3/4 inch hole in the basement ceiling, up
> through the living room wall and into the box.
>
> Now before connecting up the ends and closing off the box, I started to
> wonder -- "Will I have any problems? Interference, feedback, etc?" ANY
> thoughts or insight would be appreciated...
>
> Kevin
>
> --

Andy Johnson
AIM: NGO Andy