[wplug] OT: locked online music!?

Jason Jerome jjerome2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 12:42:14 EDT 2005

I've learned to live with the iTunes DRM, but most times I just
purchase the CD itself.

My biggest issue with iTunes is the synching with my iPod.  The
auto-sync feature in iTunes is the only way I know to keep my playlists
and smart playlists up to date on my iPod.  However, when you use the
auto-sync feature in iTunes it removes all files from my iPod that are
not in the iTunes library.

This is especially annoying when I download a few podcasts at work,
then come home and decide to update my playlists.  iTunes will remove
all the podcasts I just downloaded, since they do not exist in my
iTunes library.  Honestly, I can't see why it can't just update the
songs and playlists IT knows about, and leave everything else alone.