[wplug] wget with frames

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Sep 20 15:22:43 EDT 2005

What you have is a stubborn battle of the wills.  Wget considers ~ to be
an unsafe character and converts it to the hex %7e.  The server at
www.pitt.edu doesn't merely take that and convert it internally to ~ and
return the content (Apache normally does this), but rather it issues an
HTTP redirect to the URL with ~.  So wget attempts to follow the
provided link and converts ~ back to %7e.

Do you have something like curl handy?  I would consider using that
instead.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office