[wplug] blogging talk poll

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:11:13 EDT 2005

I'd say, start with #2, get us interested...

> 2) Go over how weblogs work in the community.  What software folks use,
> how people communicate over weblogs etc.  This would be a bit more techy
> and would cover stuff like RSS, ATOM, OPML, trackbacks, pings, and tags.

Then talk about the aggregators that are normally used (I like Firefox
with Sage, and Liferea for standalone)...

Then dig into #1 and how it's used in collaboration.

> 1) Talk about the blog aggregation and how weblogs are used to
> collaborate on projects and provide you with pointers on how to get the
> real inside track on whats going on in your favorite talk.  This would
> be generally non-techie and might drift a bit into some more academic
> analysis, but I'll try to be careful.

Sounds like it'll be a cool talk, no matter how you do it.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>