[wplug] blogging talk poll

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 19 11:18:11 EDT 2005

Avast ye fellow Wpluggers!

I'm giving a talk at one of the October WPLUG meetings on Open Source
weblogs, specifically the community that's around them (planet GNOME,
planet Debian, etc).  However, I'd like some ideas for what you'd like
to hear.  The way I see it, I can go one of two ways:

1) Talk about the blog aggregation and how weblogs are used to
collaborate on projects and provide you with pointers on how to get the
real inside track on whats going on in your favorite talk.  This would
be generally non-techie and might drift a bit into some more academic
analysis, but I'll try to be careful.

2) Go over how weblogs work in the community.  What software folks use,
how people communicate over weblogs etc.  This would be a bit more techy
and would cover stuff like RSS, ATOM, OPML, trackbacks, pings, and tags.

So, not knowing what the people like, I'd like you tell me what you'd
like.  To vote, send an email to me consisting of a single digit in the
subject, 1 for option 1, 2 for option 2.  If you've got comments include
those in the body.

Thanks!

--Patrick