[wplug] Re: Installfest 9/17/2005

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Sep 16 16:10:55 EDT 2005

bottom posted...

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Nathan Marcus wrote:

> It is usually a small room...  There is also maybe 2 freight trucks to
> move the machines on.  How many are we talkin by "van"?
>
> On 9/16/05, Dane Miller <dane at olneyfriends.org> wrote:
>> Not having been to an installfest before, a question about etiquette....
>> Would it be ok to bring a van load of old computers and parts to give
>> away?  Are there any space/time/logistics problems in doing this at the
>> installfest?
>>
>> Dane

We try to tell people to limit themselves to one 3'x7' table. Whatever
doesn't go you should take with you. We have two carts however you should
only use one of them so that your loading process does not create a DOS
for others.

In order to optimize your give-away success I suggest that you reply with
your inventory and be there for as much as the installfest time as
possible. The installfest is open from 10am-5pm. I say this because I
vaguely recall someone showing up with ten computers that he wanted to give
away less than an hour before closing time.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher