[wplug] [wplug-announce] Installfest 9/17/2005 10am-5pm CMU NSH 1507

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu Sep 15 18:06:34 EDT 2005

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group invites you to an Installfest
on this Saturday September 17, 2005. It will take place in
Carnegie Mellon University's Newell Simon Hall, room 1507
and will run from 10am until 5pm. The host will be Beth Lynn Eicher
(bethlynn at wplug.org)

Attention:
The WPLUG installfest are free and open to the public. No RSVP
required. All who attend are guests of the hosts of this event, please
cooperate with them at all times. Please use common sense during the WPLUG
event, as you may be asked to leave by the hosts if you abuse the
facilities.
The full policy can be found on our website...
http://www.wplug.org/pages/installfestpolicy.html

WPLUG has a large media library containing many distributions of Linux
and BSD. If you would like to make a request for something specific,
please email info at wplug.org

Please visit our Maps and Directions page
http://www.wplug.org/pages/wplugmap/
Please note that our phone number is currently 412 268 7564
If you've never been here before make sure you print out the
directions!

Please show up earlier rather than later to ensure that you can get help.
For example, if you show up much later than 2pm it is likely that you will
not have enough time to install and configure.

Installfest, as well as all WPLUG meetings, are open to the general
public. If you just want to see what Linux is about or you've been
a Linux guru for years, the WPLUG installfest is for you.

For those who don't know, the purpose of an installfest is to
facilitate new installations of Linux as well as troubleshoot, upgrade,
or generally provide help with an existing installations.  If you just
want to just show off your new hardware or some software goodies, that's
cool too. So bring your machine and have some fun!

As well as your machine, you will want to bring your monitor, network
cables, power cables, surge protector, mouse, keyboard, media, etc.
Don't worry, there will be a cart on hand to haul all of your stuff in.

As always, installfests need volunteers to help with the installs and
generally be available for questions.  So even if you don't feel like
bringing your own machine, come and help others out!

Pizza will be served around noon so be sure to bring $5 if you wish
to eat lunch with us.
Don't make me stand up on a chair this time! PEEET-ZA!

Hope to see you there,

Beth Lynn Eicher

Upcoming Events
October 1 Ohio LinuxFest, Columbus OH http://www.ohiolinux.org
October 15 10am-2pm Open Source Projects use of Blogs & Nominations Meeting
NSH 1507
October 22 10am-2pm Objective C Tutorial location TBA

If you have any questions pertaining to this or other WPLUG event please
contact us at info at wplug.org
Do not reply to the announce list, wplug-announce at wplug.org