[wplug] OT: locked online music!?

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Mon Sep 12 23:01:59 EDT 2005

Hey all-
I recently purchased a vehicle with an mp3 CD player in it, and tried
to burn a few mp3 cds from some of the music I have <legitimately>
purchased online. To my surprise, these files are LOCKED! I'm so
P.O.'d about the whole thing that I wanted to get the word out about
JHymn, an open source piece of software that strips the locks/keys
from your files. I have no connection with this project whatsoever...
just a really REALLY annoyed (former) customer! I'll spare the rant
over fair use of my purchased music for another time. Bottom line: if
you've been purchasing music online as I have, you may be in for a
rude surprise when you want to play it on something other than your
computer!
XMMS is starting to look really good right about now...
-Doug