[wplug] Whats an Installfest?

Alex thenamedtao at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 01:11:19 EDT 2005

Scott,

Installfests were designed to be fun places for
newbies and experienced linux-folks to come together
(with a healthy dollop of donuts, coffee and pizza)
and install Linux - generally the easier installs are
the ones installed for (or recommended to)
newbies...anything more complicated and they'll lose
interest in blowing away their other windowing OS's.
:-)

Did I mention the donuts, coffee and pizza?  ;-)

These online forums, as well as the GUMS (general user
meetings), are where the hard-core discussions, etc.,
can get people going on subjects such as that which
you raise.  There's so many variables
in installing & running Linux, that we wanted to
create comfortable environments for all those seeking
to learn...newbies and not-so-newbies alike.

..alex.