[wplug] Whats an Installfest?

Diana A. Clarion dclarion at fnordnet.net
Sun Sep 11 09:27:38 EDT 2005

Hi Zach,

I looked at Debian several years ago, didn't do much with it.  I actually
started with Slackware 3.5, about six years ago.  Surfing the Web got to be a
little boring after a while, and as I've been around computers since about
1970, I got interested in what made a Linux system tick.

That's where building from source came in.  As I say, I learned quite a lot.
As it is, I upgrade every few months, and look for new things to learn.  My
biggest challenge:  Getting one of the desktop environments to build cleanly.
I haven't managed to do it yet.  I suppose it's a good thing I don't feel the
need to run one :)

DAC

--
Diana A. Clarion, Goddess of the Network
http://www.fnordnet.net/~dclarion