[wplug] Good computer store?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Sep 7 10:17:37 EDT 2005

> I noticed that Goodwill Computers has changed their name to Southside
> Computer Works.  Last time I was in there, they didn't have much in the way
> of parts, but it might be worth a look if you're seeking a complete system.

 	As time increases, Goodwill computers has less and less stuff.
Great place to pick up an ethernet card cheap, or a used keyboard, but not
for anything else.

 	They used to have Sparcstations, wierd toys, and an odd assortment
of other random computing equipment. Now they seem to try to sell old
computers at astronomical prices (new Dells are faster and far cheaper). I
still drop by from time to time -- sometimes it is faster for me to walk
the 5 blocks to get a $5 crappy keyboard, than it is to drive all the way
to whichever mall for a new $9 model.

> Also, based on my experience, STAY AWAY from A2Z Computers.  They tried to
> charge me $45 for a 2.5in to 3.5in HD cable adapter.  FYI, they were $8 at
> CompUSA.

 	A2Z has always been like that, from what I know. Also, they (used
to) have the cheesiest of Taiwanese low-end stuff, and sell at top-dollar.
Best bet is to go online, or ask a friend if you need parts.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://www.WiFiMaps.com