[wplug] Good computer store?

Christopher DeMarco cmd at alephant.net
Fri Sep 2 21:35:46 EDT 2005

> > >      It's too crowded to move
> > >      Out-of-town and questionably reliable vendors
> > >      You have equal price and better selection on-line
> > >      Parents there with their small children and baby strollers

Oh man.  I lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for three years, and there
is the most AMAZING computer "mall" there.  I suppose Akihabara (?) is
better, but this beat the pants off anything I've ever seen here -
300,000 square feet of EVERYTHING from name-brand boutiques (Sony
stores in Asia are *madness*) to unbranded to outright grey-market
pirated software and "modded" Xboxen.  Specialty
cooling-and-overclocking shops, Gibsonian mountains of obsolete and
bizarre hardware (a display case overflowing with Pentium Classics),
whatever you want.

Come to think of it, it must be an Asian thing - Shanghai had
something similar, and I understand that Taiwan and Jakarta are pretty
cool too.

I don't know what the point of this is, but if y'all ever go to
Malaysia, check out Plaza Low Yat.  Tons of tourists there,
actually...

--
Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net>
Alephant Systems (http://alephant.net)