[wplug] Good computer store?

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Fri Sep 2 18:09:22 EDT 2005

With the prices and service from NewEgg I've pretty much given up on physical retailers.  Not sure what you're looking to buy but they're having a decent "holiday" sale right now. (e.g. 300GB SATA drive for $129)  New Egg has also been great when it comes to returns (albeit I've thankfully only had one)
I typically google on larger parts once I decide what it is I'm looking for and see who's got it for less.  While NewEgg usually is cheapest to near cheapest, there are occasionally the retailers that offer a particular piece crazy-cheap, and I'll get the part there.  Case in point - I just bought an ASUS P5ND2-DLI Deluxe and all the trimmings - memory, CPU, FXF 7800GTX, Thermaltake Kandalf case and Antec megawatt PS from NewEgg, but MoBo was actually $55 cheaper from another retailer (extremepcgear.com). All my water-cooling is from performance-pcs.com, another great place on-line (they do NOT rape on shipping).  Google is great for shopping.

NewEgg is the king of price on fiddly items like cables and power bits.

Don