[wplug] Spam question

Chris Ott cott at acclamation.com
Mon Oct 31 11:54:00 EST 2005

Douglas Green wrote:

> I have been receiving a large volume of spam (4-6/day)

I'm sorry, but I just have to say: ROTFL!

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I got that *few* spams in a day.

I don't know if you're in a position to subscribe to a commercial spam
filtering service, but you might want to consider it. My company
subscribes to FrontBridge, and they're pretty good. (Of course, they
were just bought by MicroSoft, so we'll see how much longer they're any
good.) Assuming their statistics are correct, we're averaging about
50,000 spams per day, for a company of 70-80 people, with occasional
peaks as high as 100,000. The service is only about $3/month per person.

Even after that filtering, I probably get about 20-30 spams per day.

Chris