[wplug] Spam question

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 10:18:01 EDT 2005

Hi all-

I have been receiving a large volume of spam (4-6/day) that is not
addressed to my email address anywhere in the header. Can anyone tell
me how this stuff gets to me when it's not addressed to me, and how I
can eradicate it? Would something like Spamassassin work for me (an
end user)? Within reason, I try to keep my email address private- but
this stuff still gets through. The most recent ones have nonsense
subject headings like "To wish shatter beaches among", and they are
invariably some advertisement for pharmaceuticals. It's the same ad,
every time, from a different source.

Tips, advice, and pointers towards info for keeping my email private
would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug