[wplug] WAS 5 most Wi-Fi friendly American cities NOW "OT City Bashing"

Brent M. Rust rust at lucasware.com
Fri Oct 28 13:30:31 EDT 2005

WoooHooo!!!!
Three of the five on the West Coast and TWO in the Pacific Northwest.
Yeah, it's home for me. Alas, I reside in Western PA now....but still
have that same drive to bring technology to the masses......

But to address the cost of living.....I am from the Northwest and with
the exception of actually living IN the city of Seattle or Portland it
is significantly more expensive to live here (and I live outside of
Pittsburgh) than it is to live in most places in Oregon or Washington.
AND since I can compare, Pittsburgh is not the friendliest city around.
There are a lot of friendly people with out a doubt. But as a whole, I
don't see or experience it.
Just in the last several months I have been to Atlanta, Raleigh/Durham,
Los Angeles, Chicago, Portland Maine, Miami, Buffalo and Minneapolis.
Los Angeles actually had more friendly drivers than here in Western PA
(but it was at 25 miles an hour.....LOL) Minneapolis had the nicest
people and Chicago I think had the most attractive people (go figure).
Buffalo, well, it was Buffalo. :) Maine was incredible and I would love
to go back (along with Chicago). I was most disappointed with
Raleigh/Durham. It seemed just average to me. Decent people, but nothing
extraordinary.

Again, those are MY experiences. Travel AND living.
The Pacific Northwest is absolutely incredible. People, environment and
experiences. Just like Pennsylvania.
But please, don't tell me to go home, I am just sharing how I see it,
through my eyes, ears and heart.