[wplug] WorldWind (kinda like google earth)

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 28 09:29:19 EDT 2005

Folks,

On Saturday's meeting I had a conversation with someone (maybe Phil?)
about Google Earth on Linux and it's current poor state in Wine and
VMWare.  I mentioned that another alternative is World Wind 2 but I
didn't have the URL, well, here's the URL:

http://ww2d.berlios.de/?Introduction

You'll need Mono to run it.  It's a pretty nice program; basically a
port of Nasa's WorldWind software which can be found at:

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

Props to BoingBoing.net for reminding me of this.

--Patrick