[wplug] job market

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Mon Oct 24 10:37:09 EDT 2005

> Look at www.pghtech.org for a feel.

 	This will waste your time, and we've discussed pghtech.org's job
postings in the past. I have never received a single callback or email
from any of the hundreds of jobs I have applied for on pghtech.org's
website. Some of the job posts are bogus, with invalid contact
information, and others are no longer hiring, but the posting still
remains.

 	Maybe it's because I don't have a degree, but that's never stopped
me before!

 	I'd suggest to network with some locals, which is how I get my
gigs. I have never worked for any company here in Pittsburgh by walking in
the front door asking for an interview.

 	Which reminds me, that the company I am working for is looking for
QA people, and hardcore C/C++ developers. Contact me offlist for details.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://www.WiFiMaps.com