[wplug] Verizon FiOS and Linux?

dk at curlynoodle.com dk at curlynoodle.com
Thu Oct 20 18:48:53 EDT 2005

Taking a quick look at the Verizon FiOS FAQs, I noticed that they do not
permit the customer to "host any type of server, personal or
commercial".  That tells me that you cannot get a static IP.

I wonder if they include incoming VPN connections in their definition of
"server".

<rant>
This is a typical Verizon service.  Excellent technology, adaquately
implemented, though severly constrained by corporate stupidity/greed.
Think of what Verizon could offer its customers if they were a bit more
open and daring.

I have seen a Verizon FiOS H2 (Hummer 2) in my neighborhood,
"billboarding" their service.  Just down right lame, IMO.
</rant>

Dave

Get Firefox <http://www.getfirefox.com>