[wplug] Verizon FiOS and Linux?

Tom Moertel tom at moertel.com
Thu Oct 20 16:56:38 EDT 2005

Verizon's fiber-based Internet service -- "FiOS" -- just became
available in my area and promises to be somewhat faster and somewhat
cheaper than my existing cable-modem service (Adelphia).  I'm thinking
about making the switch but, naturally, I want the WPLUG opinion first.

So...

Anybody using FiOS with Linux?  If so, care to share your thoughts?  How
is the service in general?  What about set-up?  PPPoE or straight IP
from the box?  Any weird restrictions or hidden gotchas?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Cheers,
Tom

--