[wplug] Wi-Fi (WiMAX redirect request)

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Wed Oct 19 22:50:20 EDT 2005

\{begin rant}
Keeping.... quiet.... avoiding.... response... aaarrrgh!!! Street
signs are only useless to the ILLITERATE! This is the kind of short-
sighted, provincial thinking that keeps this place catering to the
lowest common denominator. OK, I'm done, and I'm going to quit while
I'm behind... (agree about accountability BTW). No more on this topic
from me!! Send flames to /dev/null.
\{end rant}

Anyways- trying hard to re-direct and keep on WiFi thread:

Can anyone PLEASE tell me about the "Super WiFi" (WiMAX) I'm reading
so much about on cnn.com lately? Something about being accessible in
more remote areas. Is this satellite based, like XM radio, or
actually tower based? Anyone know the up/down speed of this kind of
setup?