[wplug] unbuntu blew my MBR!

Tom Fetherston tfetherston at ncdcorp.com
Wed Oct 19 13:02:59 EDT 2005

Did a 5.10 install on a Gateway w/XP Media Center and A Suse 9.1 with
Grub already installed. The installer detected both and offered to write
Grub to the master boot record, being lazy I told it to go ahead. Now
system won't boot. Grub seems to install (retried several times), lilo
fails to write.

Got Knoppix hacks figuring tools within would allow me to fix things,
however I can't get it to recognize the sata drives.

On top of this we are moving and anything that might be of use is lost
in "box-land"

Any hints?