[wplug] Networking?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:18:29 EDT 2005

I've been looking at DSL offerings and have seen various ISPs use the terms
"static IP", "public IP" and "static routable IP"? Are these all referring
to the same thing? I thought all IPs were routable whether static or
dynamic. Am I missing something? :-)

On a related note does anyone know of a good open source geared
book/website/PDF on learning networking? I'd like to learn wireless side of
networking eventually but figure I need to learn the classical nuts and
bolts side first. It would have to be networking on the cheap since I can't
afford to buy CISCO routers, PIX firewall etc. to learn on :)
I know a little but want to learn much more about networking. I want to
focus on the Linux side needless to say.

Thanks!
Zach