[wplug] Wi-Fi

dk at curlynoodle.com dk at curlynoodle.com
Tue Oct 18 14:15:26 EDT 2005

Flashing the WRT54G with a 3rd party firmware is exactly what I mean.  I
have been reading alittle here and there on several builds I have run by
while surfing.  I am interested in the meshing function built by the UK
group I mentioned earlier, but my sights are set, at the moment, just at
successfully hacking my WRT54G with some minor mods.

For an ISP, Speakeasy allows "reselling" of their DSL (low-end package
at 1.5Mbps/368Kbps) service via WiFi or any medium for that matter.
They call it WiFi Netshare, and have a rather progressive philosophy
regarding the service.  Link redundancy does prove to be a problem, as I
am sure my house has only one possible DSL loop path to the central
office.  I would hazard a guess that to build a custom loop would cost
much.  Anyone know where/how a private citzen can obtain PSTN routing
plans/drawings/information/etc?

Dave

Get Firefox <http://www.getfirefox.com>