[wplug] Wi-Fi

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 23:51:21 EDT 2005

\begin{rant}

Yeah right- I already pay <significantly> higher taxes without the
benefit of those items. "Employment" tax (?!), City income tax,
PAYROLL tax, 50% increase in PARKING rates last year?? Are you
kidding me?? I've lived in a number of North American cites in my
adult life, and I've never seen anything like this before. Direct and
indirect taxes will kill this place- mark my words. The fact that I
can give myself a 3% raise by LEAVING this city should serve as a
loud wakeup call for Pittsburgh. How anyone with half a brain can sit
on their thumbs wondering why young professionals leave this place is
beyond me. Hint: the infrastructure here is crumbling, the municipal
funds are horribly mismanaged, and the response to all of this is to
raise taxes... yet there's nothing being offered in return to those
who actually PAY the taxes. Unfortunately, new stadiums don't cut it
(sorry, wrong demographic).

Obviously, it'd take a hell of a lot more than WiFi to recruit and
retain good people to this city, but like I said- it's a step in the
right direction. First, let's try to figure out how they'll afford to
put salt on the road this winter...

Nevermind me- I'm just ranting (and planning my escape... 8 months, 2
weeks and counting).

\end{rant}