[wplug] Re: Wi-Fi

Christian Holtje list.wplug at docwhat.gerf.org
Mon Oct 17 12:39:23 EDT 2005

beer wrote:

>I'm just curious why it should be free?
>
>I'm glad it isnt free here, why the hell would I want the gov't wasting my hard earned money (more so than it already does) to give access to a bunch of dolts who wont secure their machines or will end using it to hack or spam me?
>
>Free, un-attributable access is not a good thing.

Sure it is.  You can use a laptop to find the people who are spamming or
who have viruses.  Locate them *physically* and explain what they are
doing wrong.

I hate that on the internet that you you can't actually explain to
someone why what they are doing is wrong or how to fix the problem. :-)

Ah, well, yes.  This was flame fodder.  But I still like the idea that I
can notice my neighbor has a virus or something and go tell them.

Ciao!