[wplug] OT: Down Memory Lane

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:56:30 EDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Diana A. Clarion <dclarion at fnordnet.net> wrote:

> All this talk of age-showing got me to a little reminiscing, part of that
> involving the machines I've worked. Just for the halibut, I'm wondering what
> was the first machine you folks worked.
>
> I'll start: HP 2116C, in 1970 (BASIC, FORTRAN, assembly language)

Summer 1983
TI-99/4A - Ah I loved those cartridges :-) First time I saw a programming
language too, BASIC, didn't study it though until 9th grade. Ah the folly of
youth. They had some really cool educational software.and fun games.

1984/1985
First Apple Macintosh. Elementary school, played with LOGO.

1987
Tandy 1000 (8088 processor) - Used it up until and through 1st year college.
Ah connecting at 2400bps with ProCOMM to read email using pine (remote) or
EzMail (local- CMU PC client) :) Yes it still works fine and had never
needed any maintenance. They don't build workhorses like that anymore unless
you pay MUCHO bucks!

Also used some late '70s terminals for dialup. DEC VT100, Wyse50, and some
old Honeywell.

Anyone have experience with these?

Zach