[wplug] Jabber Server?

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Oct 14 11:39:02 EDT 2005

Bill Moran wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:19:51 -0400
> Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
>>I've actually looked into Jabber (and XMPP, the IETF spec) servers, and
>>never really found anything that I like that wasn't implemented in some
>>really weird language.  But I think it'd be a pretty neat project.
>
> GAIM does Jabber.

There are a lot of good Jabber clients, but I'm talking about a good
jabber server that supports all the features I need.  Probably WPLUG
wouldn't need things like GSSAPI authentication and s2s encryption though.

> I've been running a Jabber server on potentialtech.com for a few months
> now.  Biggest problem I've had is that Jabber just doesn't seem to have
> hit a critical mass of users yet.

I'm curious, what server do you run?

I've seen Jabber in some pretty interesting places.  For example,
Apple's Rendezvous/Romeo uses Jabber.  Google Talk's client is Jabber,
and you can use any standard jabber client to do text chat with it.

billings at negate.org