[wplug] OT: Down Memory Lane

Chris Ott cott at acclamation.com
Fri Oct 14 11:04:38 EDT 2005

beer wrote:
> I still have all my homemade maps for Zork, as well as my last game still saved on a real 'floppy' disk :)
>
> Whats worse...I still have 2 running C64 systems with daisy chainable floppy drives so some day I will go back and finish that damn game :)

Actually, you don't need the C64s. There are at least a few Z-machine
emulators out there and it's easy to find the games online. I'm guessing
all the Infocom games are considered abandonware now, since it all seems
to be entirely legal.

I have a copy of LGoP and HHGttG at home that I can play on Linux.

Chris