[wplug] OT: Down Memory Lane

Phil Groschwitz ssc1478 at aim.com
Thu Oct 13 19:51:03 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 16:58 -0400, Diana A. Clarion wrote:
> All this talk of age-showing got me to a little reminiscing, part of that
> involving the machines I've worked.  Just for the halibut, I'm wondering what
> was the first machine you folks worked.
>
> I'll start:  HP 2116C, in 1970  (BASIC, FORTRAN, assembly language)

IBM AS/400 F10 and a 5250 monochrome single session dumb terminal.
RPG/36 and RPGIII, OCL, and CL.  Oh, and IBM 5394 Remote Controllers to
connect all the twinax devices to the F10 via 56kb leased lines.  1993!

There was also an Apple IIe (IIRC) my uncle lent me in the late 1970's
that had some text based adventure game on it.

Phil