[wplug] [wplug-announce] GUM "Open Source Use of Weblogs" and Nominations Oct 15 10am-2pm

Michael H. Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Thu Oct 13 19:12:47 EDT 2005

Beth Lynn wrote:
> Please apply for membership before 9am on Friday October 14 if you
> wish to be nominated and you are not currently a registered member.
> http://www.wplug.org/membership/

>From the bylaws page, Voting Rights:
"During the first 56 days (8 weeks) of membership, Members are not
permitted to vote, be nominated for office, or hold a position on the
Board."

Is this the case?  I saw a post earlier that said something like "We
have a chicken and egg problem where the membership can't decide what
the dues are unless there are paying members with voting rights..."

I've heard mention of an old board.  I've heard mention of a new board.

If I sign up, today, do I get to vote?  (also, I'm having a little
problem with Paypal -- anybody want to contact me off the list?)

Mike