[wplug] [wplug-announce] 1st annual membership meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Thu Oct 13 14:46:32 EDT 2005

"beer" <beer at cmu.edu> wrote:
> 2.  I am certain I am simply not being thorough enough in my search, but
> where on the website does it discuss the value of memebership and use of
> funds.

The actual rules and rights of members are defined in WPLUG's new
bylaws <http://www.wplug.org/pages/bylaws>.  As we transition, there
are a few temporary exceptions; these are defined in the proviso
<http://www.wplug.org/pages/proviso>.

A somewhat more accessible description was published in July's Open
Pitt <http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug/2005-July/026226.html>,
if you find the bylaws hard to interpret.

As for use of funds, with your $5 dues you get a coupon you can turn
in at a WPLUG event for free pizza (which normally costs $5).  So at
this point dues really aren't adding anything to the WPLUG treasury.
It'll be up to the new board and membership how they want to fund
WPLUG activities.

In conclusion, if you have an interest in the future direction of
WPLUG, there's really no reason *not* to join.  The worst that can
happen is you'll be out 5 bucks.